SME development – Government and Private Sector Development
January 2006 – June 2007
The objective was to support economic growth and improve the business climate in the country by fostering development and performance of SMEs and providing support to key economic sectors in support of The European Charter for Small Enterprises. It consisted of four components:
- Component 1: Institutional Capacity Building: to strengthen the capacity of the Ministry of Economy, the Agency for Entrepreneurship Promotion (AEP) and existing SME support infrastructure in the country.
- Component 2: Support Measures for SMEs: to develop new programmes/ interventions providing non-financial and financial services to SME and key SME sectors.
- Component 3: Support to a Public-Private Dialogue: to improve the dialogue between the Government and the business sector on enterprise development policies and legislation.
Pinto Consulting was involved in providing services connected with Components 1 and 2 throughout the duration of the project, focusing on SME Strategy, SME Programme, Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Public Private Dialogue.
- Preparation of a draft SME Strategy.
- Preparation of the detailed SME Programme.
- Preparation of a detailed SME Brochure.
- Support to develop a public-private dialogue mechanism.
- Support to SME competitiveness & innovation.
- Support to SME finance: business angels, factoring, etc.
- Development of a culture of entrepreneurship.