Enterprise Policy Performance Assessments (EPPAs) for the Investment Compact for SEE
Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Macedonia, Moldova, Romania, Serbia & Montenegro
July 2003 – December 2003
Coordination and writing EPPAs for the following countries: Albania, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Macedonia, Moldova, Romania, Serbia & Montenegro
Pinto Consulting co-ordinated and was principal author of these 10 OECD-EBRD reports on SME policy, focusing on the following dimensions of enterprise policy good practice:
- The institutional environment facing SMEs.
- The regulatory environment.
- The fiscal environment.
- The financial environment.
- The business support environment.
- The business incubator environment.
The nine EPPA country reports and the SEE Regional report were designed to assist governments to implement more effective enterprise development policies. Progress is tracked by reference to the European Charter for Small Enterprises.
- Liaise with OECD, EC and EBRD.
- Determine the nature and structure of the EPPAs.
- Commission and coordinate local experts in the nice countries involved.
- Coordinate the process of collection of comparative quantitative and qualitative date and information on the SME sector.
- Write and edit nine EPPA country reports.
- Write and edit one EPPA regional reports.
- Present the EPPA reports in the Western Balkans countries.